Mortgage Advice From Your Neighbor
VA Myth Busting! Don’t Believe The VA Myths!
There are a lot of myths surrounding VA Loans. Here are a few that we run into quite often.
- Zero Down = Weak Buyer
- VA Loans are harder to get through underwriting.
- VA appraisals are tougher.
- VA Loans take longer to close.
- The seller has to pay for the veteran’s fees.
- You can only have one VA Loan.
NONE OF THE ABOVE ARE TRUE!
- Zero Down doesn’t mean inferior buyer – it’s a veteran after all!
- Underwriting is easier and has little to no lender overlays.
- “VA Appraisals” have 2 additional options when value is not reached by the appraiser – Conventional and FHA do not.
- All things being equal, a VA loan closes in the same amount of time as other financing types.
- The seller is allowed to pay closing costs (up to 4% of the home price), but is not required to do so.
- Holding a second VA loan isn’t common, but it is possible when certain conditions are met.
There are additional perks to VA Loans that aren’t found with conventional loans. They include:
- “VA Loans” are more valuable to lenders for portfolio performance, come with guaranteed protection, as well as improve public image.
- One of the greatest ways to honor a veteran and say, “Thank You For Your Service” is for a seller to participate in their home ownership dream; “They will be the best neighbors your neighborhood will ever have.”
I’m Dedicated to Serve Our VA Men and Women
I was born and raised in South Dakota. I love living here and can’t imagine myself anywhere else. I currently reside in Rapid City and grew up in Fort Pierre. I graduated from Stanley County High School in 1988 and earned Bachelor’s Degree in Business from National American University in Rapid City.
I have three awesome kids that keep me motivated and very busy when not working, Chelsea, Dawson and Jamison. In my spare time I enjoy the outdoors, something we here in South Dakota value highly.
You’ll often find me swinging away on the golf course, fishing in our many lakes and rivers or out in the fields hunting pheasants and deer.
I have over 20 years lending experience and have assisted thousands of people achieve their financial dreams. There is no loan scenario that I have not come across at one time or another. Unlike other lenders, when I meet a new customer I look for ways to get the deal done rather than looking for ways to NOT get it done. In October 2012 I received my certification as a Certified Military Housing Specialist from USA Cares, an organization dedicated to assisting military families. The military is a vital part of our local economy and I am proud to be a partner with USA Cares. My support staff and the company I work for are the best…bar none!!
It is my goal to make your home ownership dreams come true and make the process as quick and hassle free as possible.
The Mortgage Club: Real Estate Investing
Did you know that Affiliated Mortgage is starting a monthly informational club? It’s free to attend (registration is required though).
On November 29th, Real Estate and Mortgage experts and the Rapid City Area community will gather to present how to use real estate investing to augment one’s wealth. No matter if you’re a real estate maven or if you’re just curious, all parties interested will leave the meet up having learned something valuable about real estate investment.
Seats are filling up! Claim yours today.
© 2018 Affiliated Mortgage; NMLS # 14211 a division of Lend Smart Mortgage, LLC. NMLS #4474
Affiliated Mortgage or their affiliates are not liable for the data and statistics provided herein and the information is subject to change at anytime.
designed by blairallenagency.com